With the gluten-free frenzy taking the world by storm many people have decided to ditch the fluffy white flour. This means out with the croissants, baguettes, french toast and one of my personal favorites: pancakes. Finding a sustainable way to eat is all about finding healthy alternatives to replace your classic favorites so you never feel deprived. So today I introduce you to my favorite pancakes that I never feel guilty about. Enjoy, beautiful!
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon organic coconut flour
2 pasture raised eggs
1/3 cup unsweetened milk of choice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon coconut oil for greasing pan (more if you'd like to use coconut oil for the topping)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup frozen organic raspberries and/or blackberries (optional if you'd like to use fruit as topping)
1. In a bowl, whisk the eggs well and then add all liquid ingredients (except those reserved for toppings).
2. Next, whisk in all dry ingredients until there are no visible clumps.
3. Heat a pan over low-medium heat and add the coconut oil to grease it.
4. Pour small amounts of batter into pan. After about 2 minutes you should be able to flip the pancakes and cook the other side for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Once you get more comfortable, you can make the pancakes a little bit larger.
6. Meanwhile, heat a saucepan and add the frozen fruit and if you'd like add some coconut oil, too.
7. Top the pancakes with either warmed fruit, nut/seed butter and/or coconut oil.