Oh my sweet heaven!!! These chocolate caramel bites just made my whole day so much brighter! Though sugar should always be kept in moderation, if you are going to splurge anyways, you should absolutely splurge on these. Reduce the guilt by using no refined sugar, gluten, dairy or grains. This recipe is filled with nothing but the pure stuff. Enjoy, beautiful!!
1/2 cup brown rice syrup (or honey)
1.5 tablespoons sunflower seed butter
3 teaspoons ghee**
1 teaspoon filtered water
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
pinch of unrefined sea salt
**substitutes: organic butter or for a dairy-free option use raw cacao butter
1. Put honey in saucepan, bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in the remaining ingredients.
3. Let sit for 10 minutes to cool.
4. Transfer the caramel to parchment paper and let cool to room temperature. (~30 minutes)
5. Begin making the chocolate shell.
6. Once cooled and malleable, roll the caramel into evenly sized balls.
Chocolate Shell Ingredients:
1/2 cup raw cacao butter
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
2 tablespoons brown rice syrup (or honey)
1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
Chocolate Shell Method:
1. Double boil all ingredients until melted, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, roll caramel into balls.
3. Remove from heat and whisk.
4. Fill the candy molds or non-stick mini-muffin tins halfway.
5. Add the caramel balls to the center.
6. Fill the molds with chocolate.
7. Place in refrigerator to cool for 1 hour.