We should never have to sacrifice our favorite pleasures in life - thin mint cookies included! Now, with this beautiful recipe you can have your favorite annual cookies anytime of the year! Just without all of that post indulgence guilt. Your body will thank you for using only the purest of ingredients. Your body is your temple after all!
3 cups fine almond meal
4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1/8 teaspoon raw celtic salt (or salt of choice)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup unrefined honey
2 tablespoons unrefined liquid coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon mint extract or peppermint oil to taste
The Magic Shell:
2 cups organic dark chocolate chips (look at the ingredients)
1 cup full-fat coconut milk (from a can)
½ tsp mint extract or peppermint oil to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Combine the melted coconut oil and melted honey together. Whisk in the egg and the mint extract or peppermint oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until its texture is even.
- Use a spoon to scoop about 1 tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough and place the balls on parchment paper.
- To flatten the cookies into their “thin” size, place a piece of parchment paper on top of the dough balls. Using the bottom of a glass or bowl, press down to flatten the cookies.
- Bake at 350 F for 13 minutes. Check the cookies at the 10 minute mark to make sure they don't burn as all ovens are slightly different. The cookies will be soft when you take them out. Let them rest for at least 15 minutes to harden and cool before you add the magic shell to them.
The Magic Shell:
- While the cookies are cooling, begin the making the magic shell with a double boiler. In a small/medium-sized saucepan, heat about 1” of water to a light boil.
- Place a glass bowl on top of the pot and fill with the dark chocolate chips. Stir constantly until they’re completely melted.
- Add in the coconut milk and mint extract or peppermint oil then stir.
- Remove from the heat and place the cookies individually in the magic shell.
- Using toothpicks or a two forks, flip and drain the cookies over the magic shell bowl.
- Place the finished cookies on parchment paper and place them in the refrigerator. Let them cool/set for at least 1 hour.
- Store the cookies in the fridge and enjoy your new favorite cookies!