Have you ever noticed how incredibly exhausted you feel after a long day of traveling, even though all you did was sleep and sit all day? There's something about sitting on an airplane or in the car that sucks up all of your energy and leaves you feeling tired. Who wants to start their vacation stepping off the airplane exhausted!?! We don't! Here are 6 strategies to help you stay refreshed while you're traveling:
1. Meditate: a perfect time to go inward and relax. Finally, you have no excuses to miss your daily medi. Take this time to rejuvenate yourself after a long week or the stress that built up preparing for your trip.
2. Move your body: keep your blood flowing by walking and stretching in the aisle or in the back of the plane. This is one of the main reasons our bodies get so tired. They like to move!
3. Drink, drink, drink! (Water not alcohol). Stay hydrated! Bring your own water bottle and fill it up before you board your plane. Spending countless hours on a plane massively dehydrates you which leads you to feel less than "radiant." So stay prepared by quenching your thirst the whole ride.
4. Pack tasty treats: our chocolate energy bars, and also see our post with our favorite snack foods. Make to sure to only bring foods you are truly excited to eat so that the choice between the plane food and your food isn't even worth thinking about.
5. Bring essential oils: I like to use lavender oil to relax during the flight and peppermint oil when I arrive to refresh and invigorate myself.
6. Cleanse your face: when you arrive to your destination head to the restroom to splash cool water on your face. If you wear makeup, don't put it on until after you've arrived and refreshed.
We hope you enjoy these tips, beautiful! Have wonderful travels this spring! xo