Mac 'n Cheese is one of those childhood foods that we will probably crave for the rest of our lives. That staple nostalgic comfort leaves us longingly dreaming about it. Well, today I've got some great news for you! You can finally stop dreaming and start eating! Here is your favorite Mac 'n Cheese without that side of guilt. Thank goodness!!
1 large (4 cups) butternut squash, peeled and cubed
6 peeled garlic cloves
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
celtic sea salt
cracked black pepper
16-ounces brown rice and/or quinoa pasta
15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
1.5 cups almond milk or nut milk of choice
2/3 cup nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoons dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel the garlic cloves.
3. Peel the skin, remove the seeds and dice the butternut squash into small cubes.
4. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
5. Place the garlic and cubed butternut squash onto baking sheet.
6. Lather butternut squash with coconut oil and sprinkle pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
7. Bake for 40 minutes or until soft to touch.
8. Place all other ingredients into the blender and blend.
9. When butternut squash has cooked halfway, begin cooking the pasta.
10. When the squash is finished, add to the blender and blend.
11. Add salt and pepper as desired to the sauce.
12. Strain the pasta and add the sauce to the hot pasta by folding it in.