Do you want glowing, youthful looking skin, sky-rocketing energy levels and a whole body detoxification that only takes 5 minutes a day?! Well I'm about to share with you the ultimate wellness secret that everyone should know about: dry skin brushing.
Believe it or not, our skin is the largest organ in our bodies and it is responsible for more than one-fourth of our bodies' detoxification process! When properly working, our skin eliminates more than one-pound of toxic waste every single day. That's pretty wild to imagine, huh?! Without having to so much as think, our bodies bless us with this cleansing gift on a daily basis.
However, the problem that many of us face are severly clogged pores. This can happen when we regularly use synthetic soap, makeup, lotions, potions & deodorants on our skin. These products cause the pores to become inactive and significantly reduces the skin's ability to detoxify. When our skin is unable to release the waste, the impurities remain in our bodies and bombard our other elimination organs, mainly our kidneys and liver. As I'm sure you can imagine, this is less than ideal!
The wonderful news is that by taking just a few minutes a day to dry-brush your body, you can open your pores back up and get your detoxification back on track!
The how-tos of dry brushing:
- Use a natural, non-synthetic dry-brush so it doesn't scratch the skin.
- Before you take a bath or shower, stand in the tub or shower before turning the water on and begin to brush your skin
- Do NOT wet the brush or your skin when dry-brushing, the skin will stretch and won't have the same effect.
- Start at the bottoms of your feet and begin to move towards your heart using small circular motions.
- Always move towards your heart as this encourages lymph flow to the main ducts of the lymphatic system.
- Brush your breasts, but do NOT brush your nipples.
- Once you reach your chest area, begin at your neck and work down towards your heart.
- Brush over each part of your body several times, skipping the face unless the brush is specified for this part of the body.
- Your skin should finish with a nice pink glow, not red and irritated.
- When finished turn on the water and take a warm shower or bath. When finishing, turn to cooler water to encourage blood circulation and surface warmth.
- Wash your brush every few weeks with water and let it dry.
I assure you, the results you will experience will be well worth the process! You will have smoother skin, more energy, a stronger immunity, increased cell renewal (so you'll look younger), and will have an overall healthier body.
Have fun being radiant!
Hannah Marie , xo