We are now deep into the holiday season and if you’re anything like us, it’s gotten kind of crazy. Between the holiday parties, the decorating, the gift buying, finishing up work projects before vacation, reports, and planning for 2015…. OMG. Will it ever stop?!
The first thing that can go out the window is exercise, eating at home, sleep, and taking care of yourself. While it seems like a good idea because you’re making space for all of the other things you HAVE to do, it ends up a week later with you tired, overwhelmed, exhausted, maybe even sick, and not feeling good about yourself. . . . Definitely not what you want before the new year begins!
Do you have these thoughts running through your mind darling?
I haven’t exercised in like three weeks and I have zero motivation!
I haven’t even had time to go to the grocery store!
There is no way I’m going to get this stuff done unless I stay up all night and finish.
This is us sometimes too, but we know how to snap ourselves back out of that no motivation, crazy, stressful time. We want to share with you a few of our tips to get back on track!
- Tell people no. Yes there comes a time when you can’t agree to everything. Sometimes you just have to take time for yourself.
- Pick healthy options and eat mindfully when you can’t eat at home. (Our favorite place to go when we're too busy and tired to cook: the Whole Foods buffet! Choose as many different colored vegetables as possible.
- Get sleep. Do you know that concentration goes out the window when you’re tired? If life doesn't allow you the full 8 hours, you must meditate! 20 minutes of meditation is equal to 3-4 hours of sleep.
- Get an accountability partner or make a bet with yourself. For example, you need to bump up your exercise dosage. Invite a friend who won’t let you cancel. Or tell someone you’ll pay them $25 if you don’t do it!
- Do something nice for yourself. We aren’t saying go buy yourself a designer purse or shoes. Do something relaxing or something that you’ve been craving to do. Go for a walk outside, read a book from your must-read list, get a pedicure, get your car washed, or get a Chinese foot massage.
- Make a list of all the things you need to do and start checking them off or scheduling them in your calendar.
Do you know that taking any one of these actions will kickstart the rest? That’s right, just pick and do one and you’ll start building your motivation to do the rest! Seriously, we know it sounds impossible, but we promise it will get you back in action!
Take care of yourself, beautiful! You deserve it!!!