So we all know that both soda and diet soda aren’t the best for us, because they are loaded with sugar or artificial sugar (equally as bad, in it’s own way), but you’re probably wondering why this is the beauty tip of the week. Well, let’s be completely honest with ourselves, preventing disease doesn’t always motivate us to stop doing anything...right now. And even though soda is associated with high blood pressure, diabetes, kidney disease, weight gain, acid reflux and depression (yes, all of those things and there are more!!!) it doesn’t mean we’re ready to give it up.
So instead let’s start with the 6 reasons why soda is preventing you from being your most beautiful you.
- Soda causes belly fat. We could probably give it it’s own name like soda belly. If you're trying to keep your waist from growing, cut the soda. All that sugar goes right to your lower belly.
- Soda causes aging. Watch out for wrinkles! Soda has phosphoric acid in it and lots of it, which causes your cells to age more quickly. I.e. Skip the soda fountain because soda is the opposite of the fountain of youth.
- Soda causes dehydration and depletes your body of all it’s nutrients. So what does that mean? You can have a green juice every day, but it won’t be enough to overcompensate to give you beautiful hair, skin, and nails.
- Soda stains your teeth. Who doesn't want to be able to proudly flash their pearly whites?!? It’s one of the first things people see when they meet you and a great smile is oh so sexy.
- Soda is associated with depression. Do you think you’re going to be exercising every day and eating and preparing delicious healthy meals when you’re totally bummed out?? I think not!
So you get the picture. All of these things are impacting you, right now!! You can’t be your most gorgeous self when you’re drinking that can of soda. So, it’s time to dump it out and start becoming your most beautiful you!
Does it sound impossible to drop the soda? Then find a healthier replacement. Unsweetened ice tea with fruit in it is a great way to get the caffeine and a little sweetness! You can also wean yourself off. One less soda a week, one less soda a day, half a soda, ¼ of a soda, you get the picture!! I believe in you, gorgeous!