So many women struggle to get much needed beauty sleep, myself included. And it is soooo important!! Women are sensitive sleepers and much more sensitive than men. And . . . if we don’t get our much needed beauty sleep we can expect to have . . .lack of focus, a poor immune system, drowsiness and let’s be vain . . . puffy eyes, dark circles, skin breakouts, and bloating . . . All of which are totally unacceptable for the gorgeous woman you are! So here are 6 things you can do to be bright-eyed and beautiful:
1. Drink more water throughout the day and limit your caffeine. We all know caffeine can affect your sleep, but did you know that dehydration can keep you from sleeping too? It can! So drink water throughout the day, drinking it right before bed will keep you from sleeping too because you’ll be getting up to go to the bathroom all night.
2. Wear an eye mask. It might seem kind of ridiculous, but this is one of the things that drastically improved my sleep. I would always wake up earlier than I wanted to, as soon as the sun came up I couldn’t go back to sleep, even if I had only slept 4 hours! Ugh. The eye mask keeps the light out so you can sleep in until you’ve gotten your 7 hours.
3. Wear ear plugs. Okay this seems so dorky, but I do it every night. If you find yourself waking up every time a car passes by, or someone opens a door, you’re probably noise sensitive. Ear plugs work perfectly for that, so you don’t have to worry about your roommate or boyfriend up late watching TV because you won’t hear them at all!
4. Put your cell phone on silent and don’t check it in the middle of the night. This is crucial!! We are so attached to our phones but unless you’re on call, getting a text or phone call in the middle of the night never means good things and completely disrupts your sleep! Looking at the light of your phone in the middle of the night will perk you right up! Oh, and don’t check the time in the middle of the night, EVER, unless you want to toss and turn.
5. Avoid drinking alcohol less than a few hours before bed. This is particularly important for women. Alcohol reduces the quality of your sleep, you might fall asleep right away, but you’ll be tossing and turning or keep from entering your deepest, most restful sleep.
6. Listen to a guided meditation while lying in bed. If you’re stressed from your day and can’t get to sleep or can’t stay asleep, listening to a guided meditation is perfect for turning your brain off and helping you fall asleep. Other options are writing in a journal before bed or making a list of things you need to do the next day!
Now it’s time for you to try it out, gorgeous! I can’t wait to hear you’re sleeping better and looking beautiful. Sweet dreams!